Why Is This Night Different?
Each one of us is obligated to consider ourselves as coming out of Egypt. Here are some questions for our individual journey of liberation....
- What in my life do I experience as "Egypt" this year?
- In what ways have I been set free?
- Mitzrayim, the Hebrew word for Egypt, means a "narrow place." How could my "narrow place" function as a place for growth?
- In what ways could I confront and express my powerlessness?
- What specific practical actions can I take?
- What outside my control can I trust to liberate myself?
- If I created three personal symbols from my own story which parallel those of the seder - the paschal lamb, matza, and the bitter herb -what would they be?
- What is my prayer as I take the steps in my journey of liberation?
From "The Outstretched Arm", Volume 2: Issue 1, Spring, 1999
Haggadot.com is a project of Custom & Craft Jewish Rituals, Inc (EIN: 82-4765805), a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt California public benefit corporation. Your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Anyone you invite to collaborate with you will see everything posted to this haggadah and will have full access to edit clips.
You will not be able to recover your
Are you sure you want to delete it?