When bored and in doubt - Act It Out!!! By Samantha Garelick
By The Garelick Family
Here's a few fun ways to liven things up and get everyone involved:
1. Before your guests arrive - give them each a section of the Hagaddah to discuss, they must come to your Sedar with a poster, a song, a dance or a skit about that section. This can be easy for them but definitely a highlight for all of the guests.
2. Play the famous game of headbands with Sedar objects and ideas: Use the traditional plastic headband straps from the board game but make your own clues. Draw pictures of Matzah, Slaves, Pyramids, Charoseth, Bricks, Eggs, Pharaoh, you get the point. They have somewhere choose a card (they do not see) and wear it facing out. Other guests have to give them clues until the guess what they are wearing. You can get funny - use Prune juice for constipation etc.
3. Act out the movie "The Ten Commandments" this project takes a little planning ahead but it's awesome. Go through and print some key scenes of dialogue from the original Cecil B. Demille "The Ten Commandments" movie by Paramount. Email us if you can't find copies! Give people parts to play and when things start to get a little dry at the Seder, act out a scene. It definitely livens things up!
4. If you have a table of people who don't all know each other well, ask each person for an interesting fact about themselves. Then place that fact under someone else's plate. As the Seder goes on, have people go around and read the fact and try to figure out the person. It gets alternative conversation flowing.
5. Along the same lines as #4 ask each person to bring a skill they'd like to demonstrate. If you invite a person who loves to work-out ask them to show two favorite exercises to the table - but everyone must participate. This gets people up and moving.
At the end of the Haggadah we have added some other fun activity ideas that you can consider adding to your Seder.
Inspired to create
your own Haggadah?
Make your own Haggadah and share with other Seder lovers around the world
Have an idea
for a clip?
People like you bring their creativity to Haggadot.com when they share their ideas in a clip
with your donation
Help us build moments of meaning and connection through
home-based Jewish rituals.
OUR TOP CONTRIBUTORS
Esther Kustanowitz4 Haggadahs • 38 Clips
JQ International1 Haggadah • 40 Clips
MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger5 Haggadahs • 109 Clips
18Doors1 Haggadah • 13 Clips
JewishBoston1 Haggadah • 78 Clips
Truah: The Rabbinic Call for Human Rights1 Haggadah • 36 Clips
American Jewish World Service1 Haggadah • 44 Clips
JewBelong3 Haggadahs • 57 Clips
Repair the World12 Clips
HIAS5 Haggadahs • 48 Clips
Be'chol Lashon2 Haggadahs • 27 Clips
PJ Library1 Haggadah • 17 Clips
Jewish World Watch3 Haggadahs • 42 Clips
Secular Synagogue10 Clips
SVIVAH1 Haggadah • 9 Clips
The Blue Dove Foundation12 Clips
Jewish Emergent Network1 Haggadah • 22 Clips
Hosting your first Passover Seder? Not sure what food to serve? Curious to
know more about the holiday? Explore our Passover 101 Guide for answers
to all of your questions.