The ten plagues were sent by God to the Egyptians to help convince Pharaoh to let the Israelites go free.
1. Blood - Blood turned all the water in Egypt to blood- whether in lakes or jars.
2. Frogs - Frogs hopped around Egypt.
3. Lice - (Head) Lice was brought upon all of the Egyptians.
4. Wild animals - Wild animals ran free in Egypt- possibly attacking Egyptians.
5. Cattle plagues - Cattle plague killed and diseased all of the cattle and livestock.
6. Boils - Boils appeared on the Egyptian's skin and blistered.
7. Hail - Hail rained down.
8. Locusts - Locusts came and ate all of the crops needed for food.
9. Darkness - Darkness was only brought upon the Egyptians that was impossible to see through, and light remained on the side of the Israelites.
10. Death of the first born - The Israelites put the blood of a lamb on the door posts to protect themselves from the killing of the first born. If there was no blood, the first born would die including the son of Pharaoh. *This is where the Jewish concept of putting something on the door post comes from.
A custom is to dip your finger in wine or grape juice and make dots for each one of the 10 plagues.
Why do you think these plagues were chosen out of all the punishments possible?
Share this Clip with your friends, family, community and social networks with just one click.
Haggadot.com is a project of Custom & Craft Jewish Rituals Inc, a nonprofit design lab empowering half a million people each year to design meaningful Jewish rituals for themselves and their loved ones. When you donate,100% of your tax-deductible investment sustains our platform and provides access for those who cannot afford to give.
Anyone you invite to collaborate with you will see everything posted to this haggadah and will have full access to edit clips.
You will not be able to recover your
Are you sure you want to delete it?