Effective January 2012
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, Application, services, features and content, to administer your membership (together, the “Service”) and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site and Application.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries. We will create your Account for your use of the Site and Application based upon the Personal Information you provide and you will become a Member of Haggadot.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage on Haggadot (e.g., without limitation, age and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Haggadot Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site, Application and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Haggadot newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
- Log Data. When you visit the Site or Application, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “Haggadot User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site and Application, pages of our Site and Application that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site and Application, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site, Application and the Service and for the Site and Application’s technical administration, to increase our Site and Application’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Site and Application to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site and Application again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site and Application meet the criteria required to process their requests. [We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Emailing Via a Haggadot Account
As part of the Service, Haggadot Members may communicate with other Members and non-registered users through use of their Accounts. Where Members have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from Haggadot to those email addresses on their behalf. These email addresses will be used only for the purpose of sending the email communication to the addressee.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Haggadot.com. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Haggadot Users. When you register through the Site and Application and submit Personal Information to create a profile or visual collection, Haggadot Users will see your name. If you choose to provide additional Personal Information in your profile, Haggadot Users will see such additional Personal Information, including, but not limited to, your photo, location, website and biography. Providing additional Personal Information is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with Haggadot Users. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site and Application-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site and Application’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site, Application and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Social Networking Sites. We may share the information in your account (including your Personal Information) with the SNSs that you have linked to your account. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for this purpose (unless the SNS has received your Personal Information independently of the Service) and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Facebook Connect. We allow users to automatically post recent activity back to Facebook, and give them the option to disable Facebook Connect at any time by logging into their profile and selecting the option to disable Facebook Connect. Further, you may be able to edit your privacy settings for the content that you post which appears on Facebook by making selections in your “Edit Profile” settings via the Site and Application.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Haggadot cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Haggadot or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Haggadot may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their Account by contacting us or by editing such profile via the Site and Application. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site and Application contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Site and Application are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at info@Haggadot.com If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.