- Revised in 2002, this haggadah was created by Machar members and Rabbi Binyamin Biber, using our own original material as well as selections and adaptations from the following sources: The Humanist Haggadah, by Rabbi Sherwi
- Our template for a Traditional Passover Haggadah. Hebrew, Translations & Transliterations included, plus several historical photographs and original illustrations by Will Deutsch and Hillel Smith.
- We invite you to use this Haggadah companion to remind ourselves how Jewish tradition teaches us to care for all living things of the earth and all of our neighbors. Compiled by the RAC, COEJL and Interfaith Power & Light
- We are a refugee people. At the Passover Seder, we gather to retell the story of our original wandering and the freedom we found. Let's lift up the experiences of the world’s refugees as we retell our story this Passover.
- As we celebrate the Jewish people’s biblical exodus from Egypt, we remember that there are 60 mil displaced people around the world. We offer words of blessing and commit ourselves to acting on behalf of refugees worldwide
- The GLBT Haggadah was developed by JQ International in collaboration with Hebrew Union College’s Institute for Judaism & Sexual Orientation (IJSO). Its development was made possible by The Jewish Community Foundation of Lo
- An ongoing compilation of some of our favorite content by & about women. The haggadah includes contributions form Alicia Jo Rabins, Alexandra Benjamin, Ritualwell, Jewish Women's Archive and more.
- Passover is an ideal holiday to explore multi-sensory ways of reaching every type of learner at your Seder. We are ALL more engaged in the experience when we have various ways to access the information - whether or not we ha
- OFAF is devoted to recovering art that was confiscated by Nazi officials during World War II. This Haggadah seeks to frame the Passover Seder within this context to bring OFAF's mission of justice and remembrance to light.
Join Our Donor Membership Program
We rely on your support to maintain our site!
To be read following the chanting of the Four Questions.
1. The Torah demands, “Justice, justice shall you pursue!” (Deut 16:20). What are the obstacles to fulfilling this commandment in the context of criminal justice?
2. The Sage Hillel taught: “That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow” (BT Shabbat 31a). At the heart of our Passover story is the remembrance of being...
But why is there an orange and a tomato on the seder plate? This is not traditional for Passover.
Tomato - This tomato brings our attention to the oppression and liberation of farmworkers who harvest fruits and vegetables here in the United States. And it reminds of us of our power to help create justice.
A tomato purchased in the United States between November...
Charoset is our symbol of mortar, recalling the brutal work conditions experienced by the Israelite slaves in Egypt. This year, we introduce a Charoset recipe that includes pine nuts.
Makes approximately 5-6 cups Charoset:
4 medium sized granny smith apples, cored, peeled, and 1/4 inch diced
1 cup dates (about 15-20)
3/4 cup pine nuts
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup sweet red wine
By Rabbi & Dina Brewer
Dayeinu is a highly counter-intuitive hymn.
Among its fourteen stanzas it proclaims that:
Had God taken our ancestors out of Egypt, but not rescued them at the Red Sea, it would have been sufficient.
And had God rescued them at the Red Sea, but not nourished them in the dessert, it would have been sufficient.
And had God brought...
The most devastating effect of slavery, ultimately, is that the slave internalizes the master's values and accepts the condition of slavery as his proper status. People who live in chronic conditions of poverty, hunger, and sickness tend to show similar patterns of acceptance and passivity. As with slaves,their deprivation deprives from their political and economic status and then becomes moral and psychological...
The Third Cup of Wine
A cup to the freedom fighters
this is a prayer for all freedom fighters, a prayer for the tired, the burnt out, the heartsick, the cynical
this is a prayer for all freedom fighters brave enough to cry, for the reaching around of arms, the firm handclaps of comradeship, the sanctuary of bodies when we need to hide our faces.
this is a prayer for wordless...
When we talk about God we are talking about the spiritual energy of the universe which makes it possible to transcend the tendency of human beings to pass on to others the hurt and pain that has been done to us, the force that permeates every ounce of Being and unites all in one transcendent and imminent reality. God is the Force in the universe that makes possible the transformation from “that which is” to “that...